It’s high time I graduated from the angst-filled pages of my livejournal and entered a blogging world that stretches beyond the scope of my teenage self absorption. I’ve always been jealous of those blogs that have a point, whether it is to showcase art, review music or movies, or even share recipes (which I just recently came across and think is a brilliant idea). I guess in a way, every blog, despite its content, is paradigm of self absorption, since we’re imposing what we think is worth saying on the vast world that is the internet. I’ve been pretty critical of blogging as a means of communication, primarily because I hate the internet persona that accompanies any type of networking or communication website, but despite my hypocritical aversion to enjoying blogging (since, dear god, I’ve been on livejournal since junior year of high school) I’ve decided to just accept it and love the 21st century for what it is.
Succumbing to my generation--Rachel

No comments:
Post a Comment