Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Antiquity

I visited the Silverdale Antique shop today for the first time in...well, my whole life actually. It was like walking into some kind of time warp with various sections dedicated to different parts of a house (ie. a library with tons of old books, a toy room, a kitchen, etc) There were chairs hanging from the ceiling and it reminded me of those I SPY books from back in the day with such an eclectic mixture of trinkets and furniture. My mission was to find a 9x12 oval frame for this extremely cool and extremely nerdy pen and ink drawing I just completed of Ann Boleyn. As a side note, I am inexplicably obsessed with anything to do with that time period and the warped family surrounding the reign of King Henry VIII. I just finished the Boleyn Inheritance by Phillippa Gregory and am totally on fire for anything of the Tudor Era. Back to the present, I didn't find exactly the frame I'm hoping for, but found this really cool gold gilded square frame that will be excellent for a future art project.

I'll keep ya posted (ha!),
R-

No comments: