Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Three- Two- One

After reading that last post, I've got a huge, ear-to-ear smile on my face. It's funny what life throws at us (or hands to us, but because of procrastination feels like an unforgiving fastball) and how it all works out eventually. Granted, my "issues" consist of getting through school--something I'm lucky to attain, so I shouldn't really be complaining at all, but it's all relative and I'm working through what I've got. My point is this: time keeps going. Whether I'm ready or not. Moments will pass. Joyous moments, sad moments, stressful moments, awkward moments. They all dissolve and blend together into a muddy swamp of time. Eventually it becomes hard to decipher what was felt when, and I find a lot of comfort in that when I'm apprehensive about the days ahead. There was a point two weeks ago where I didn't feel like I'd ever make it to the next Monday, yet here I am...surviving not only that Monday but a week and a day later to Tuesday! Life is good! I've got two exams before Ecuador...perhaps a little stressful, but Ecuador is going to come whether I'm ready for those tests or not. It's comforting that I can release a little of my desire to micromanage to the inevitability of time passing.

Whew. And here is Ecuador! I never thought it would get here! It still seems a little surreal, but it's coming at a good time. We've prepared and prepared for the adventure ahead, but I hope that I can get all of my wiggles from this quarter out on the plane so I can approach the week with a pure heart and clear mind. I want to find a place where I can be present with those around me and fully immerse myself in the experience. I'm anxious to be vulnerable and malleable. Please think of me next week!

And I'm back to the books,
R-

3 comments:

natalie said...

wtf your blog isn't coming up on my dashboard thing. anyway, yeah!!! time is definitely coming at us whether we're ready or not. i'm definitely not ready and am so anxious to just BE in ecuador... to be present for the first time since.... i have no idea. i'm so excited i get to be in ecuador with you and your whispering eye!!!

natalie said...

oops! i forgot to mention how much i love your writing!

Rachel said...

My whispering eye is looking forward to it?!!

Haha thank you. I'm really glad we'll get to share yet another reflective and powerful spring break together :)