Well hey there.
Since we've last chatted, I've become famous.
That's right. Monday at 10 am, I sported a lime green shirt and dazzled excitement on the Price is Right. A group of four of us went to LA in early September and made it on a taping of PIR. We got in line at 5:30 am and didn't make it inside the building until 1:30 am, but after a series of "this doesn't guarantee you entrance" threats, various grouping and regroupings of the line, a brief interview, and eight hours without food we made it in! None of us were chosen to go onstage, but we were fortunate enough to be only a few rows behind the contestants so we made it on tv multiple times! Drew Carey was great and chatted to the audience during commercial breaks, mentioning the Seattle Sounders which solicited huge cheers from our group. I couldn't believe how small the studio was and how many people were onstage during the filming. There was a guy whose only job was to pump us up and yell "alllllrrriiiiiggght" in a throaty voice. We couldn't really tell what was going on half the time because we were yelling and dancing so much, but it was really fun and really exciting to watch people we recognized from line go onstage. Ah, overall it was hilarious and fun and I'm really glad I went.
Since we've last chatted, I've become famous.
That's right. Monday at 10 am, I sported a lime green shirt and dazzled excitement on the Price is Right. A group of four of us went to LA in early September and made it on a taping of PIR. We got in line at 5:30 am and didn't make it inside the building until 1:30 am, but after a series of "this doesn't guarantee you entrance" threats, various grouping and regroupings of the line, a brief interview, and eight hours without food we made it in! None of us were chosen to go onstage, but we were fortunate enough to be only a few rows behind the contestants so we made it on tv multiple times! Drew Carey was great and chatted to the audience during commercial breaks, mentioning the Seattle Sounders which solicited huge cheers from our group. I couldn't believe how small the studio was and how many people were onstage during the filming. There was a guy whose only job was to pump us up and yell "alllllrrriiiiiggght" in a throaty voice. We couldn't really tell what was going on half the time because we were yelling and dancing so much, but it was really fun and really exciting to watch people we recognized from line go onstage. Ah, overall it was hilarious and fun and I'm really glad I went.
Watch the episode here and look out for the green shirts,
R-
R-

No comments:
Post a Comment