Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let's Pause Time for 8 Minutes and 28 Seconds

I've been conditioned to appreciate classical music but it's not a genre that I usually care to include on my playlists. However, I have to admit that when I was eight years old and only a few years into piano lessons my parents took me to hear the Bremerton Symphony perform Beethoven's seventh. It is the first time I can remember being moved to tears by music. To this day, no matter how many times I watch The Fall or hear it come up on a playlist, there is something about the second movement of that symphony that captures my soul.

Pretty darn good for a deaf guy,
R-

1 comment:

natalie said...

I still can't believe he was deaf. That piece adds so much to The Fall! I'm imagining little 8-year-old Rachel crying at a symphony... aww, poor baby Wachel :( I totes understand though -- it does capture the soul.