Now that the water fountain coming out of my eyes has stopped and my nose has ceased its running I have to process some of the beauty of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Though a different kind of beauty than the Fall or Baraka, Ben Button gave me the almost uncomfortable feeling that I was intruding on something too intimate for anyone but those involved to understand. My investment in the characters grew as they did; that is, my heart was fond of Benjamin from the beginning backwards, while it took me a little longer to fall in love with Daisy as she grew up. This film embodies every manifestation of love and connects it to the cycle of each person's existence. It gives hope that someday we will all have the same opportunity for those different kinds of love, but that we'll only realize it in looking back because we're too young to fully grasp that now. I am moved.
"Life can only be understood looking backward. It must be lived forward,"
R-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
YAY! :)
(fyi the title is "The CURIOUS Case...")
oh thanks, haha
You need to see Slumdog Millionaire. And you need to see it in a theater with good sound. Holy crap.
Yeah! We watched it in Idaho!! Not in a theater but we were still able to appreciate the beauty of it. I bet it was amazing on the big screen.
Post a Comment