Thursday, May 14, 2009

Gone Phishing

"Things are falling down on me
Heavy things I could not see
When I finally came around
Something small would pin me down
When I try to step aside
I move to where they hoped I'd be."

That about sums up my quarter.

But, there are checkpoints to get me through. There are many things to look forward to and this summer is measuring up to be the best one EVER!

-Saturday Kipp and I play at Quadstock, the same night as Talib Kweli. So, it's a stretch, but you could say I'm opening for one of the most successful rappers in alternative hip hop. Plus he's friends with Mos Def. (!!!)
-Next weekend is SASQUATCH and FOLKLIFE. Camping, music, hippies. Can't wait.
-My grandparents are visiting for Alex's graduation. Double whammy.
-Camping over July 4 weekend, learning to wakeboard, being in love.
-Phish at the Gorge. 'Nuff said.
-Block Island. Large family. Fun to be had.
-AUGUST 14 RACHEL TURNS 21.
-Summer in Seattle: a chance to enjoy my city in the sunshine :)

See? Life is good. Sometimes I need to make lists to remind myself.

4 comments:

clern said...

Can I celebrate with you?

You're great!

Rachel said...

yes yes please! we're going to hang out so much this summer, for sure! let's celebrate life every day. you're great too! i hope you got a smile or two in today :)

natalie said...

you forgot one more thing to look forward to: weekly..... SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE! I want to be hanging out with both of you this summer too! (especially since no one will be in the tacoma/federal way area. sad face) I'll only be 30-40 minutes away. That's not bad at all. I never knew Talib was friends with Mos Def!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5aVI2zsFE Thanks for that tip... holy shit.... so awesome.

Etheline said...

mos def has hella baby mamas who he doesn´t support! worst news of my life! but I´d still do him given the chance.

Ah! It was so good to talk to you the other day! I love you!