head EXPLOSION.
Sasquatch was awesome.
Devotchka, Mos Def, Doves, Kings of Leon, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were absolutely great.
Actually, everything was absolutely great. I've never been to a music festival where I've not had to "endure" a band to hear another band, if that makes sense. I was in the moment for every single song really appreciating the beauty that was around me, the friendship and love surrounding me, and the sunshine soaking my skin. It was great to be away from school, living the dream. We arrived at 10 on Friday night in Jimmy's rumbling Suburban, set up camp among thousands of tents and next to an orange VW van. Friday night was a huge party, meeting people from everywhere, singing songs, dancing in circles. I thought of Woodstock and how this is the closest I'll ever get to that kind of experience. It was beautiful. We slept quickly and started the day by waking up to intense heat that would permeate throughout the entire day. We got in there and it was great music after great music. There was not one band that I didn't enjoy and I was overwhelmed at the beauty of the gorge. It was such a beautiful backdrop for all these artists, especially Devotchka. At one point, the singer of Doves turned around and played to us with his back to us, so he could take in the beauty of his surroundings. Mos Def even commented on the view, telling us to turn around at the moment the sun was setting. The night ended with Kings of Leon. We danced for awhile and then tangled up in a blanket watching the stars. I felt so in love with life at that moment. I didn't want to move...ever.
And now we're back. I'm still on a cloud but I'm remembering that I'm sick and experiencing setbacks from being on the go all weekend. It was well worth it. Thank you, friends.

You already know how this will end,
R-


2 comments:
what a beautiful weekend... wish it didn't have to end! feel better. love you.
Ah! I miss you guys! I'm glad you had fun :)
Post a Comment