Why, hello there world-wide-web. It's been awhile. I guess I've been too busy being wrapped up in life than taking the time to confine it to words and publish it. Lots of big things have been happening, but in reflection, I don't know how to eloquently describe each event in a way that does it justice. Instead, I'll create a timeline of major events and let you imagine the details.
1. Danced naked in front of over a thousand people in my school's quad.
2.Walked out of my last final with a huge grin on my face.
3. Subsequently was welcomed into the nursing profession via a pinning ceremony and then welcomed into the world as a graduate.
4. Two hours later, welcomed a pseudo-sister into the family.
5. Had a little time to breathe, and then began a kansas city shuffle of humans throughout the downstairs as people moved out, camped out, and moved in.
6. Unofficially orchestrated the formation of a longboard gang.
7. Started working evening shift, said goodbye to social life, and began studying for NCLEX.
Currently, I can be found lounging on the couch with my laptop doing prep questions up the hoo-haa in anticipation for Wednesday's determination of whether or not I'm suited to be a registered nurse.
Am I happy? Why, yes, I am. I'm struggling a bit with the commitment to this job thing, which is ridiculous because I know it's a good fit and will really nurture me as I navigate what it means to be an RN. It's what's "RIGHT" and what I should be grateful for, but I feel like there's so much more out there and I need to break out of my comfort zone to figure myself out. My latest dream is to be thrown into the healthcare system in South America, become fluent in medical Spanish, and try that out for kicks. I want to make sure to have that little dream down in print somewhere because seeing it written makes it that much more attainable. I usually am such a planner but this new phase of my life and expectations for beyond are a reminder that I don't have to know everything that lies ahead of me, that there is beauty in spontaneity, and thrill in the undiscovered. I've been free of the education system for just over a month and I don't HAVE to have everything figured out. Whew, what a relief that is. What's important now is that I'm happy at this moment, surrounded by people I love, and can hear the Capitol Hill Block Party from 20 blocks away.
Happy Summer <3
Rachel

1 comment:
ummm let's go to South America together, become fluent in Spanish, and save people :D seriously!
Post a Comment