Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Now is a wonderful time to be alive.

I have restored energy towards being a part of this community and having pride in my country. I am empowered and impassioned to figure out how I can best be a part of this world, to find a place where I am happy and can extend that happiness, serve, and learn from those around me. This was not merely an election, this is the beginning of a movement. One that took a single man to kickstart and will take an entire nation to uphold; however, I think we can do it. What a bundle of emotions! I didn't realize how moved I would be until my eyes were brimming with tears when the presidential results were announced. Barack Obama!! I'm so proud of this step forward, words can't contain the energy and hope I have for our country. I hope this victorious moment is captured tonight and held in hearts over the next few years as we see ourselves become distanced from the last eight. He is the catalyst for change and I hope that after tonight, people are feeling the same empowerment to make this renewed community great.

Off to enjoy the fireworks in the street,
R-

4 comments:

natalie said...

YES WE CAN! YES WE DID! I wish we could've been together when the news came out! If it makes you feel better, I watched The View (yeah,yeah, I know) this morning and my eyes welled up with tears when they showed footage of the first family from last night.

Finally something good is happening!

Rachel said...

AND the girls are getting a puppy. That was so cute.

the wild side of life said...

I love your writing Rachel- its really inspiring and sincere :)

I had tears in my eyes so many times throughout that night- and I can't wait for the puppy!!!

-Jake

Rachel said...

Thank you, Jake! I'm sure it won't be the last time we cry tears of happiness in honor of Obama!!